Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mt. Ellinor

Okay so I've been attempting to hike this for about two months now. Everytime I set a date to do it, I either get sick or have to work last minute... etc etc. Last night I decided that I am just doing it already!!!! I texted everyone in the Oly area that might want to go... but alas no one could come! I knew Mom would have a fit if I went by myself but desperate times call for desperate measures... aka I went anyway hahah. Last night I packed my pocket knife (to fight off all those wild grizzlies haha), matches, food, extra clothes, new gps compass, camera and head lamp. I got to the trail head at 10:00 this morning. Yesterday I worked my legs extra hard so they were already sore from the beginning haha, but, it was a really good hike!!!! 3 miles straight up! Wooooooo. Hikes aren't as fun by yourself but they are sure better than nothing!!!! I had music so that made things better :) There were spectacular views of all the mountains nearby (Baker, Rainier, Helens, Hood) once you got above the clouds. I waved to my friend Nicki who is over across the water in Stanwood haha.



Victory! haha

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Sweet pictures. I would have loved to been there.

    ReplyDelete